The Ripper takes the #FastIsFun ethos introduced by the 9R, and combines it with a playful stern for an extra dose of adrenaline.
Standout features of the design are generous bow rocker for a dry ride, a highly surfable, supremely manoeuvrable planing hull, maximum waterline for exceptional downriver speed and easy attainments, plus the security of a full plate footrest and a complete array of security points and handles.
With enough volume to take on all your favourite runs, in the Ripper you'll be stern squirting out of eddies, dip turning around rocks, and soul surfing every wave... after all, kayaking is meant to be fun!
- Slicey, low volume stern allows for old-school stern squirts, new-school kickfips and cartwheels off waterfalls.
- Planing hull for endless soul surfs.
- Full-volume bow is all business, with lots of rocker to carry you over river features and a contoured deck for predictable resurfacing after big drops.
- Bow control edges give you carving performance on waves and downriver manoeuvrability, then soften toward the stern for forgiveness.
- Long waterline provides hull speed for catching fast waves on the fly and nailing moves on big water.
- Unique aluminum grab handles double as strong and durable clip-in points for extractions, with captive inserts for a dry ride.
- Beefy Stout 2 outfitting includes oversized hip pads, full-length contoured thigh grips and a long, ergonomic seat that pivots for an engaged or relaxed position. The front-to-back adjustment is now easier for faster boat trimming.
- Adjustable hip pads let you add and remove foam shims for a perfect fit and connection.
- Ratchet backband adjusts forward, backwards and vertically.
- Adjustable thigh grips provide solid boat connection for comfort and control
|Length||273cm / 8' 11"||274cm / 9'||274cm / 9'|
|Width||59cm / 23"||62cm / 24.5"||63cm / 25"|
|External Cockpit Length||95cm / 37.5"||95cm / 37.5"||97cm / 38"|
|External Cockpit Width||50cm / 19.5"||50cm / 19.5"||54cm / 21"|
|Volume||216l / 57gal(US)||235l / 62gal(US)||271l / 72gal(US)|
|Weight||20kg / 44lb||20kg / 44lb||21kg / 46lb|
|Optimum Paddler Weight||40-75kg / 88-165lb||65-90kg / 143-198lb||75-125kg / 165-275lb|