River guides call this book the 'Salmon River bible.' Eric and Allie Newell have run more than 200 trips down the Salmon River over the past 20 years, and these pages are full of their knowledge.
- Whether you are an experienced do-it-yourself boater or booking a commercial trip, you'll find this guidebook indispensable.
- This waterproof book includes everything you need to know to make the most of your journey down the Main Salmon River, from obtaining a permit to emptying your groover.
- The 2nd Edition contains numerous updates, new aerial photo-based contour maps, mile by mile descriptions, and trail information.
- Also includes packing and checklists, rapid diagrams, geology, good humor, history, and information about the newly formed Black Creek Rapid.
- This waterproof map and guide is a must have for every boat. More than 100 color photographs!
- Covers the Main Salmon River from Corn Creek to Carey Creek.
- Honorable Mention, National Outdoor Book Awards, 2005.